Heroes In Transition wishes to thank you for your outstanding support. 2014 was a very productive and successful year for HIT. Your support and generosity have made it possible for us to assist our veterans in all four areas of our mission. The following accomplishments reflect your contribution and dedication to our men and women of the Armed Forces. Thank you!
With Sincere Gratitude,
The Board of Directors
Accomplishments for 2014
- Funded Families In Transition Week (FIT) equine program for military families.
- Funded 5 PTSD assistance dogs through Patriot Rovers.
- Sponsored Veterans For a Stronger Tomorrow (V.A.S.T.) program for our veterans
- Provided ongoing grants to the Housing Assistance Corp of Cape Cod for veteran housing needs.
- Provided funding for home modifications for wounded veterans.
- Provided funding for veterans for the BIG FIX in Yarmouth, MA.
- Donated to the VA food pantry.
- Provided grants to Cape Cod Military Support group for the Chaplain Fund at Joint Base of Cape Cod.
- Provided grants to Cape Cod Military Support Group for the Children’s Fund.
- Donated to Operation Tribute for Christmas presents for Military Children.
- Purchased 10 iPads for wounded at Fort Belvoir.
- Provided a grant to Cape Cod Cares 4 The Troops to help with assisting the wounded and their families at Fort Belvoir.
- Donated to Base Camp of Westchester County, NY for homeless veterans.
- Provided monthly payments for Wi-Fi services for cargo van at the Montrose VA Food Pantry.
- Provided Grants to St. Vincent De Paul at Corpus Christi Church-Sandwich, MA & Christ the King Church-Mashpee, MA.
- Provided taxi vouchers for transportation to and from the Hyannis VA clinic for veterans