HEROES IN TRANSITION IS PROUD TO HAVE SPONSORED THE LION’S SHARE OF THE HYANNIS VA VAN THAT TRANSPORTS OUR CAPE VETERANS TO MEDICAL FACILITIES OFF THE CAPE.
CONGRATULATIONS! Here is what your support has ACCOMPLISHED!
From the time we have received our 501 (c) 3 status in August 2010, Heroes In Transition, Inc., has spent over $190,000 in support of our veterans and military families. Since we are an all-volunteer foundation, all proceeds go directly to our programs.
Here is a partial list of where your support has gone so far:
- Purchased a new van for the Montrose VA Food Pantry.
- Funded the major portion of the cost of a new 12-passenger van to transport veterans from Hyannis to medical facilities in Providence and Brockton.
- Providing taxi vouchers to and from the VA Hyannis Outpatient Clinic for local veterans.
- Funding of ongoing transitional support group therapy sessions to help returning veterans and their families.
- Funding the training of three assistance dogs ($70,000) for disabled veterans.
- Purchase and installation of a chair lift stair elevator for a disabled veteran.
- Helped fund a major home modification for a disabled veteran.
- Donated to local military food pantries (The Nam Outreach Center; Ma Otis Pantry).
- Purchased appliances for the Nam Outreach Center in Hyannis, MA.
- Rendered financial assistance to military families in need for various projects including child care, mortgage payments, car repair, etc.
- Purchased linens and kitchen-wares for the Fort Belvoir Wounded Warriors Transition Unit.
The van transports veterans to and from appointments at VA hospital clinics off Cape. Funding for this van was in response to a need made public in a local newspaper. HIT is here to assist veterans with needs in a timely manner.